The British Flute Society is Europe's oldest flute organisation and has a lot to offer its members. Pan, the Society's journal, is recognised worldwide as a highly informative and entertaining flute journal. Lavishly-printed and full-colour, it's the authoritative guide to the latest flute news, reviews and events, with articles by the world's most knowledgeable writers on the flute and its history, music and players.
BFS members also receives benefits such as discounts with retailers, discounted instrument insurance, a £50 discount on any OCA (Open College of the Arts) Foundation, Undergraduate or Postgraduate course, access to the BFS' community of flute players and local representatives, and access to an exclusive members' area with a Pan archive, directories and other resources.
BFS Membership benefits include:
• A subscription to the British Flute Society's journal, Pan
• Reduced rate entry to many BFS events
• An introductory discount at Association of Flute Traders retailers (UK only)
• A £50 discount on any OCA (Open College of the Arts) Foundation, Undergraduate or Postgraduate course. OCA's distance learning Art degrees include BA(Hons) Music, Orchestration and Arrangement and Instruments and Repertoire courses, and BA(Hons) courses in subjects like photography, painting, fine art & graphic design
• A discount on instrument insurance courtesy of New Moon Insurance (UK only)
• A discount on instrument insurance (UK only) courtesy of Allianz Musical Insurance
• 10% off sheet music from the flute catalogue at Astute Music
• Access to a UK-wide network of BFS Area Representatives
• Access to the members' area of the BFS website
The members' area of the website includes:
• The facility to manage your own membership details and subscriptions
• A searchable archive of current and past copies of Pan
• A member search to find like-minded people in your area
• The facility to submit events or links to be advertised on the website
• Submission of articles for possible publication in Pan
• A directory of National Flute Choirs
• More to come ....tell us what you would like!
Annual Membership Subscriptions
Join online using PayPal here
Post - print this form and send to the Membership Secretary with a cheque or card number
Some members have experienced difficulties with paying using PayPal. If you have difficulties please make a note of any error messages and report them to us by clicking here.
Special Offers for BFS Members
Pay for five years' membership and get the sixth year free. This not only saves you money now, but also means that you get six years of membership at current rates (excludes students).